Network NZ Business Awards
We are excited to announce the launch of the Inaugural Network NZ Business Awards!
So we can answer any questions you have and keep you up to date with the launch:
1. Please join our FREE Business Support Group and;
If your small business is focused on achieving excellence, has a high standard of customer service and you're a leader in your field, then these awards are for you. They will be open to a wide range of industries within New Zealand.
Who Are These Awards For?
We are looking to reward small business owners all over New Zealand, many of whom may not be able to afford to enter other Business Awards and as such our awards are FREE to enter.
Business owners who have operated their businesses for at least twelve months, can enter up to two of the 9 main award categories.
Why Enter the Network NZ Awards?
Now's your chance to get the recognition you deserve for the hard work and countless hours you have put into your business. The Network NZ Business Awards can help you raise the overall awareness of your business and enhance your reputation by promoting the amazing work you are doing.
The benefits of entering include:
- The Network NZ Business of the Year prize pack is valued at $8350!
- The People's Choice prize pack is valued at $2800!
- The Network NZ Business of the Year and People’s Choice Winners will both have their business promoted on the Network NZ website banner.
- Your business will have marketing opportunities when the Awards are promoted and advertised.
- All Category Winners will receive a Winners Badge to display on social media, websites, blogs.
- All Category Winners will receive a Network NZ Foundation Membership, an engraved trophy and certificate.
- All Category Winners will be announced on the Network NZ website and social media, blog and newsletter.
- All Finalists (up to 45 businesses) will receive a Finalists Badge to display on social media, websites, blogs.
- Public recognition of being an outstanding small business in New Zealand.
The Business Award Categories:
- Excellence in Business Product and Service Industries
- Excellence in Consumer Product and Service Industries
- Excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Industries
- Excellence in NFP or Charity
- Outstanding Start Up Business
- Outstanding Sole Operator
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Outstanding Blogger
- International Achievement Award
NOTE: If you have a blog you can choose to enter the 'Outstanding Blogger' Category i.e. full time bloggers OR businesses with a blog on their website.
All Category Finalists are then eligible for the People’s Choice Award and all Category Winners are eligible for Network NZ Business of the Year (Supreme Award).
What Are The Prizes?
We have AMAZING prizes for all our Winners with our Supreme Winner taking home a package valued at $8350!
Click here to see the full run down of all the prizes.
1) All 9 category winners will receive:
- A Network NZ Foundation Membership for one year (value $87 plus GST)
- Digital promotion throughout the Network NZ network
- Category Winners badge to display on websites and social media
- Engraved trophy.
4) All Finalists in each Category will receive a Finalists Badge to display on websites and social media.
Please read here for a full run down of all the prizes.
- Self Nominations: 30th June 10am to 28th July 8pm
- Judging: 29th July to 25th August
- People’s Choice Voting: 3rd Sept 10am to 25th Sept 8pm
- Live Winners Announcement: 1pm Friday 6th October in the Network NZ Business Community Group.
How The Judging Works:
You will have the opportunity to nominate your business through our application process and enter in up to two categories. You will be required to provide supporting information including examples, testimonials; or if you choose - financial information (only if this supports your goals/objectives).
The judges will be looking for factual evidence and examples that demonstrate why your business stands out from your competitors and what makes your business excellent. Any financial or sensitive information received will be kept in the strictest confidence and not be made public.
The Peoples Choice Award will be open to all of the Finalists from the 9 Categories (up to 45 businesses) and will be decided by a 50/50 split between public voting and the judging panel.
All Category Winners will be automatically eligible for the Network NZ Business of the Year 'Supreme Award'.
Who Are The Judges and What Are The Judging Criteria
Each Award entry will be judged by a panel of three judges, selected randomly from a pool of up to 17 Experts, sourced from within Network NZ.
You can view the Judging Criteria >> HERE <<
What Will Be On the Entry Form?
You will be asked to provide your website and up to two social media accounts for assessment. There are four questions requiring written answers (approx 300 - 500 word count per question); they are:
- What were your business goals or objectives for the 2017 financial year (1 April 2016 to 31st March 2017) or for the last 12 months? Please explain how you met (or what you did to try and meet) these.
- What was your biggest business challenge? How have you or how are you overcoming this?
- What new innovations or ways of doing things have you introduced to your business and why?
- What makes your business outstanding or excellent compared to others in your industry?
Each question is worth a total of 5 points, making a maximum of 20 points. Questions 1 – 3 are objectively assessed and question 4 is subjectively assessed. Each question allows for a file upload to attach any supporting evidence. You will need to please upload a HIGH RES and CLEAR CUT PNG version of your logo for promotional purposes as part of your entry.
How to Apply
The application form will be available for you here at 10am on June 30th 2017. If you have any questions about Network NZ or the Business Awards please email Michelle Goulevitch or ask in our FREE business support and networking group.
If you still have questions please read our FAQ here.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here to read the Terms and Conditions of entry.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors!